Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ahh, What's up, Doc?

I was looking around on Etsy a couple of weeks back and saw these cute cake slice favor boxes by Imeon Design and I just loved them!  I thought, "hey, those wouldn't be too hard to make..." 

And sure enough... I found a tutorial online.  Check it out at
Better Homes and Gardens.  There is a printable template to make it really easy too. 

Unfortunately, I had run out of ink in my printer, so I just opened the template to see the basic idea, and then sketched it freehand to try my own.

Here is my rough sketch... not the greatest, but it worked!





Just fold on the lines, glue the tabs, and Voila! One triangular box... but wait, there's more.  Seeing as it is almost Easter, why not tweek it a bit? 



What do you think?  I added a bit of green fringe and some colored pencils and turned my cake slice into a carrot.  Thought these would make a fun addition to the kids' Easter baskets (filled with candy, of course).

3 comments:

  1. oh I really love this! I think I am going to have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, ladies! Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete