Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter egg treats



I had originally wanted to do these little suckers with homemade two-bite brownies.... but since I have no self-control when it comes to treats, I would have ended up eating WAY TOO many myself! 
So when we made chocolate zucchini bread (as per my 3 year old's request), we used some of the batter to make mini muffins and used those. 
I know, I know... it's CHOCOLATE zucchini bread, but at least it is slightly more healthy.

** please excuse the Diego plate as a backdrop... my bad**




We had buttercream frosting left over from our rainbow cupcakes in the freezer.  So we just let that thaw and colored it green.  Decorate using a grass tip and stick on a few mini eggs (jelly beans or mini malted milk eggs would work fine too).



And here is my little helper...



And then the little sister got up from her nap and decided she could spare some time to help eat them...


but was quite insulted that I wanted her to look up for a picture when she was trying to eat! 
They were a big hit!  And I didn't feel as bad feeding them these as I would have if it was brownies.

Happy Easter, everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment