Monday, April 25, 2011

Flower pot + kitchen gadgets = bridal shower gift


One of my good friends is getting married on Friday -YAY!!  And my mother and I hosted a shower for her last Saturday.  What to get?... not another toaster or blender.... So I went with something fun -and had a blast making it too!

I got a terracotta pot and ribbon at Michael's (with a coupon, of course!) and some wooden spoons, spatula, pastry brush, etc.




But I wanted to have some fun with it so I painted a sunflower (her favorite) on it -oh, boy, did it feel good to bust out my paints!  I didn't realize how much I missed it until I did this. 




I also got a cute recipe box (again from Michael's -I really shouldn't go there... I always find things I wasn't there for and spend too much....) and copied out some of our favorite recipes to put in it for her.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that.

Congratulations, Julie!!  I am so excited for you.  And can't wait to be neighbors (well, almost neighbors)!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors & you did a wonderful job painting the sunflower. I bet she's going to love this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea! Love the painted sunflower; so pretty!

    ReplyDelete