Monday, July 18, 2011

Cardboard "drawers"


If I was a good crafter/blogger, I would have taken before and after photos of the shelf in my bathroom closet that I used this for.... but, honestly, the before photo was far too embarrassing. 

We have one shelf that is basically the "dumping ground" for all random or small objects with no home -extra toothpaste and deoderant, Q-tips, baby thermometer, tylenol bottle, make-up, hair clips, etc.  In a nutshell it is a MESS. 


I was too cheap to buy some storage for it, so one day when I was bored I came up with these "drawers" -they contain the mess and add some style.  AND  they were super cheap!  Only used diaper/wipes boxes, hot glue and scrapbook paper.  In my books, that is pretty sweet.




Final product!


And, since I didn't take pictures all along the way to make this a proper tutorial, I thought it would be fun to include some links to other cardboard shelving units for some help/ideas.


fancy schmancy shelves that put mine to shame

How to make a Cardboard Box Storage System

Way Cool!


Blurt It has some great ideas for things that can be made out of cardboard!

Darn, I wish I had done this post for Earth Day.  Anyway, happy upcycling! 
I will be gone for three days this week for Hailey's nuclear med scan, so will catch y'all later!


4 comments:

  1. Great upcycle! I love your cardboard roundup, That swirly shelf is so adorable. I shared a cardboard upcycle @ Sugarbees too, I hope you'll come check it out!

    Jen
    http://jensownroad.blogspot.com/2011/07/mailbox-from-cardboard-box-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on those drawers! I love frugal projects.
    Thanks for coming by and commenting on my biscuits. Today I'm having a recipe party with tons of recipes if you get a chance to stop in :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very creative I am impressed. The drawers turned out great, I never would have guessed it was made from a diaper box!

    Thanks for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday!

    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! so creative!1 I am having a Homemade Year in 2012 linky party over on my blog Blissful and Domestic and would love for you to link up any of your homemade goodness:>

    Have a fabulous week!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/p/my-homemade-year-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete