Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Go Bananas!


Ok, so I have been seeing a lot of posts lately with frozen bananas and chocolate for some tasty (and healthy) snacks for kids.  Had to try some of my own.

My kids LOVE peanut butter -who doesn't? And to me the idea of peanut butter and chocolate makes my mouth water and my eyes roll back in my head. haha.  So, I decided to coat the bananas in peanut butter first and then cover them in chocolate.


You'll need some bananas (one banana makes 2 "pops"), some wooden popsicle sticks, peanut butter, melted chocolate, and sprinkles (optional).

First, peel bananas and cut in half.  Push a popsicle stick into the cut (flat) end. 
Second, spread peanut butter all over banana using a knife.



Third, spread melted chocolate all over.  You could dip it in the melted chocolate, but mine was a bit too thick so I just spread it on.  I didn't have any baking chocolate or chocolate bars handy, so I just melted chocolate chips in my microwave (if you do this, only do about 30 seconds at a time and then stir so you won't burn it). 



Sorry for all the distractions in the background -I was in a hurry.

Fourth, roll in or sprinkle on your favorite topping (chopped nuts, granola, sprinkles, coconut, etc).  Then lay on a cookie sheet (or other hard, flat surface) lined with waxed paper.  Put in the freezer.  When the chocolate is set they are ready to enjoy! Yum!


My little monkeys loved them!


Ok, so before you go... I need opinions.  I was thinking of doing "Foodie Fridays" where each Friday I put up a food related post.  Whether it's a new recipe I've tried, a fun snack for kids, cooking tips, etc.  Any thoughts? 


Linking up to:

 
Passionately Artistic

5 comments:

  1. Drool. I LOVE frozen bananas! I toss them in the freezer when they start to get to "spotty" for my taste, and then bring them out at night for a healthy alternative to icecream!
    Definitely going to try dipping in PB and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, these looks super yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look yummy. I think foodie fridays is a great idea. :) Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog.. if you haven‘t already. ;) Hope to see you there. {I’m a new follower, too}. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Foodie Fridays idea. What's not to like -- food and Friday?!!! go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious! I might just have to try them! PS I think Foodie Friday's is a great idea!!

    Morgan
    simple2chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete