Friday, September 30, 2011

Duck Tape Purses

My mom and I are the Activity Days leaders at our church.  It is like a youth group for girls ages 8-11.  We decided for this past activity to make purses out of Duck tape.  The girls had a blast -but we were sure glad we asked some of the parents to stay and help us out, or it would have been CRAZY!

Here is the one I made for my daughter out of some of the left overs.


Cute, eh?  I love that there is no sewing and they are pretty easy.  Want to learn how to make your own? Great!

We found this great tutorial at All Things Thrifty with instructions (and pictures!) that we used.  We decided to skip the rope and gromets, and just use more tape like they did at Second Chances By Susan in this post.

 (image from link above)

I would love to know how they did those cool flowers too! So cute!

Here are some more pictures.  And thanks for remaining so patient with me.. I know I have been busy (read: lazy) for awhile in my posting.  I do have a few projects in the works, but haven't been able to finish one of them, it seems... guess I will have a bunch of posts coming up once they are all done!  



3 comments:

  1. The purses turned out great! It looks like the activity was a success. I know that when we taught these at girl's camp it was nice having extra help, so its good that you had some parents stick around. Some of our girls use them as scripture totes and they work great. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty!! Would love it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project and cute, colorful purses! Thank you so much for sharing at Savvy HomeMade Monday!

    ReplyDelete