Thursday, September 8, 2011

Foodie Friday #5 - Oatmeal Carmelitas

I am already excited for Christmas, so I thought I would post one of my family's favorite Christmas time recipes.  These are called Oatmeal Carmelitas and my mom always makes them in December -but they taste just as good in September (or anytime, for that matter)




mix and combine following (until combined and crumbs appear):
1 c flour
1 c oats
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c melted margarine

Put half of crumb mixture into a 9 inch round pan (pack down).  Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes.
Top with:
1 c chocolate chips
1/2 c pecan pieces
3/4 c caramel ice cream topping mixed with 3 tbsp flour
 Remaining crumb mixture.

Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.  Chill 1-2 hours (or put in freezer if you can't wait that long for your sweets fix!) covered with foil.

I made these on Monday and they were all gone by Thursday night... yikes!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THEM! I wish it were Christmas all year round just for these! :D

    ReplyDelete