Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Check Out My Latest Libray Find!

I recently borrowed a book called "Papier-Mache Monsters: Turn Trinkets and Trash Into Magnificent Monstrosities" by Dan Reeder from the library.


Ok, can I just say how AWESOME it is!! I LOVE it! I think I am going to put it on my Christmas list for future reference in making pinatas and other neat creations. The pictures are INCREDIBLE and the techniques are FANTASTIC.... and, as an added bonus, the author's "voice" and writing style absolutely crack me up -he has a great sense of humor. Now I want to go to town and make a crazy monster or dragon to display in my house. I probably won't have time before Halloween, or I would do that. He has a cool section just with Halloween things (a bust of Frankenstein's monster, creepy pumpkin, Dracula, etc.).  I started hoarding all our newspapers and flyers (much to hubby's shagrin...) but haven't had the chance to dive in and attempt one of these babies -YET! 

Oh, and by the way, you can buy it here and it's only about $12!  Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment