Friday, October 14, 2011

Foodie Friday #10 -Banana Pancakes

Tonight we had banana pancakes for dinner.

I took my usual pancake recipe (doubled, of course, since my kids -and I - are pancake addicts) and tweaked it a bit.  I was actually quite pleased with the outcome, even though I just winged it.  Thought I would share.  My fingers were sticky from getting the kids pancakes ready (they were "STAAAARVING" and heaven forbid they should wait an extra minute for me to take a picture!), so I told myself I would take a picture the next morning when we had leftovers.... well, sadly, they are all gone and I totally spaced it!  So you will just have to imagine how incredibly delicious they looked.  Sorry!

3/4 c whole wheat flour
1 -1 1/2 c white flour (depends on consistency you like)
3-4 Tbsp sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 2/3 c milk
2 eggs, beaten
3 Tbsp oil
2 ripe mashed bananas
1-2 tsp vanilla

Mix it all up well and cook on a greased griddle or frying pan on medium heat (like a normal pancake).  I think next time I might tweak it a bit more and try adding some peanut butter... because, really, bananas and peanut butter should get married -yum!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Banana pancakes!?! Now that sounds scrumptious!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe as I'll be trying these. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete