Friday, October 7, 2011

Foodie Friday #9

I had a roommate back in my sophomore year at BYU who always made the BEST chocolate chip cookies -talk about comfort food.  And that's pretty much all the intro it needs, right?  So without further adieu, here are Rachel's "famous" chocolate chip cookies.


Don't they look delicious?  I love them because they are so soft and gooey.
Cream together:
1 c butter or margarine (softened)
1/2 c shortening
2 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar

Add and mix well:
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs

Add:
4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 c chocolate chips



Bake at 350 F for 7-8 mins.



And, because I didn't want a ton of cookies lying around my house just waiting to be eaten.... I did this with the extra dough after I made a dozen cookies.





I shaped it into 3 logs (about enough dough for 10-12 cookies, I think) and wrapped them in plastic wrap.  Then I put the logs into a large freezer bag so I can pull one out and make cookies whenever I want! Yum!

Enjoy!  They are really tasty dipped in cold milk too!

4 comments:

  1. *drool* Great Megan, just great. Way to make me even FATTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These better be good. Audrey made me deviate from our normal recipe for these (although our normal recipe wasn't working too well here). Thats a lot of vanilla though... you racist or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Well, maybe that's what it takes to make a good cookie, Little Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these look killler!!! i love doughy puffy cookies

    ReplyDelete