Thursday, October 27, 2011

Salt Dough Creations

The kids and I had fun making salt dough creations to decorate.  Some of them ended up being kind of Christmas-y but most were just made using a donut cutter my son wanted to use.... guess they could be wreaths?


 Just roll your salt dough flat (about a 1/4 - 1/2 inch) and cut with cookie cutters.  Then put on a baking sheet and cook at 325 F for 40-50 minutes (that's what the recipe said anyway... my oven cooked them faster,so I took them out and let them dry some more overnight because I didn't want them to brown).

 And add some paint... like this lovely purple and pink candy cane.

Chloe LOVES to paint now.... she just kept layering on more colors and more paint so she didn't have to stop.  I tried to get her to paint some paper too, but she kind of glared and rolled her eyes (she's a total pro at it) so that was the end of that idea.


Signing off now.  See you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment