Friday, December 2, 2011

Foodie Friday #17 - Crockpot Lasagna


Hooray -it's Friday again!  Sorry that I haven't posted much lately.  I have been working on a guest post that's coming up in December, and also a project for the Handmade Gift Exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous.  I will post that project soon.  And then Miss Hailey had to be at the hospital for her scans 2 days this week... I just didn't seem to have the time.

But... on to Foodie Friday.  At least we have to eat every day, so even if I don't have time for crafting I have to make time for cooking!

I found this awesome recipe on Pinterest and had to try it.  Lasagna in the slow cooker!  But get this -you don't have to cook the noodles first!  I was intrigued, hence yesterday's meal.  And .... it worked!  And it was delicious!

Basically you just spray the inside of your crockpot with cooking spray and then layer your ingredients like you normally would (except the noodles are uncooked, so you have to break them up a bit to fit) and then cook it on low for 4 hours.  Then you uncover it and top it with grated mozzarella and let it sit for 10 minutes.  

For your layers use:
- tomato sauce with cooked ground beef in it
- noodles 
- Grated mozza and cottage cheese, combined 

The recipe calls for 3 1/2 cups sauce, 1 lb ground beef, 4 cups mozza, 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese.  But you might have to vary it depending on the size of your crockpot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment