Thursday, January 5, 2012

Foodie Friday #21 - Banana Cranberry Muffins


Good news -I got my computer to finally let me add photos to Blogger!  Hooray!  Just in time for another Foodie Friday.  And now I'm getting some posts of my latest projects ready to go for next week.  I can't wait to share my Valentine's Day cards with you.  I will be getting ready for my 3 year old's birthday party over the next couple of weeks too, so I should have lots more to share by the end of the month!

Yesterday I made these banana cranberry muffins.  I had this cookbook I bought at a book fair back in Elementary School forever ago and decided to try out one of the recipes -only I changed it up a bit.

 
Totally Muffins Cookbook



I took the Banana Walnut recipe and changed it up a bit.  I had some cranberries that I needed to use up, so I put some of those in and left out the walnuts.  I thought they were pretty good.  They were better fresh than they were the next day, but c'est la vie.  Also, my kids thought the cranberries were too sour.  I had to pick those out.... so much for that idea.  Next time, maybe I'll use some blueberries.


Banana Cranberry Muffins
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
cranberries, fresh or frozen (unthawed)

In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.  In another bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth.  Beat in eggs.  Add mashed bananas and beat until combined.  
Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just moistened.  Gently fold in cranberries.  Spoon into muffin cups (or greased muffin tins) and bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you all have an excellent weekend! 

1 comment: