Thursday, January 19, 2012

Foodie Friday #22 -Cupcakes

Wow, I can't believe it's almost Friday again!  Where has this week gone?  And what happened to the weather?!  It's weeks like this I wish I lived in a nicer climate.  The wind chill is too much.  Although that's "normal" for Regina this time of year, we have been spoiled this winter.  Brrrr!

Paul is taking me to dinner and a movie tonight, so I figured I'd get Foodie Friday rolling a bit early this week so I can just sit back and relax tonight.  Sound good?  Hopefully that's a yes... but the good thing about blogging is I can't actually hear the response so I can just go ahead and do it if I want to.  So there! ;) haha.

Anyway, we had another girls' night watching Bye Bye Birdie, so I made these Peanut Butter Brownie Buckeye Cupcakes from Six Sisters' Stuff for my contribution to the treats table.  I think they turned out great!  At least I loved them.  Unfortunately there were only 3 of us who came this time around... so I had way to many leftover cupcakes tempting me.  Needless to say, I brought them to the in-laws' place for family dinner so I wouldn't be the only one eating them!

I didn't have a box of brownie mix so I substituted a box of chocolate fudge cake mix.  It turned out fine.

They were so delicious... just a couple more pictures. haha.  Seriously, though, I was so proud of them.  Yum!  And I had extra icing and ganache so I saved that and put it on some brownies I made a few days later.  More on that later.  Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. They looks amazing! I am sad I missed out, I LOVE PB. But I was on cleaning the church and the movie would have been way over by the time I was done and then dropped my family off at home! Next Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so delicious!

    Thanks so much for taking part in my "Beat the Winter Blues" Party. Hope you keep coming back as it grows.

    ReplyDelete