Thursday, March 22, 2012

Foodie Friday #29 - Tortellini and Sausage

Well I'm back! I still feel a bit like a chicken with my head cut off after this move but life is starting to get back on track.

So, to get the ball rolling again, let's start with something really EASY, shall we? Thanks goes to {one of} my fabulous sister-in-law for the idea.



I bought a 3-pack of Olivieri tortellini for pretty cheap at the grocery store the other day so I made it up the way my sister-in-law does for their family.

Boil the tortellini according to the directions on the package -do NOT over cook. While that is cooking slice some sausage (this time I used the fully cooked kind). Pan fry the sausage slices until cooked and browned.

Drain the tortellini. Add the sausage. Add some heated marinara sauce or sauce of your choice (I used Prego) and some Parmesan cheese. Mix gently. Enjoy!

It's so easy and quick for those hectic nights but it's delicious! And my kids ALL ate it and wanted more! That's quite an accomplishment in my house.

On a side note this is my first attempted post using my iPhone so cross your fingers that it will work properly.

1 comment:

  1. That is one of my favourite pasta's! And Scott loves sausage, so i should make this for him! Thanks for the idea.
    And good work on using the iPhone to post. I still haven’t ever tried.

    ReplyDelete