Monday, April 30, 2012

Dinosaur Go Fish Game



My nephew's birthday was this weekend and my son wanted desperately to get him a "really cool" gift.  We don't usually spend a lot of money on gifts between the cousins -actually they have mostly just make cards for each other.  So I didn't want to go shopping and spend a lot, plus Carter informed me that he wanted to get him a present the morning of the birthday supper/party.

So, we broke in my new laminator and made him a special DINOSAUR version of Go Fish.  It was a super quick, easy project -SCORE!  We went on to Google Images and typed in Dinosaur Cartoons.  Then Carter helped me pick out which pictures he liked.  I saved them to my computer and then inserted them into a Word document so I could resize them -and make duplicates of each picture so they had a MATCH.

Then cut out around the dinos and glue them to construction paper that I cut to 3x4 inches.

Lay them out on the laminating pouches, leaving some space in between.

Laminate.... and sit there in awe of my new "toy".  Funny how laminating seems fun now. LOL

Cut...
And then I made a card stock box to keep them in.

Ta-da!


Carter and I played it a couple times to try it out and he loved it.  Hopefully his cousin will like playing it too.
Carter liked it so much that I had to make him his own set a couple days later. Haha.


And then I had to make a PRINCESS version for Chloe too!   This laminator has gotten a lot of use already in its short life!  I've also been working on some things for Sharing Time and Singing Time for Primary at church.  I'll show those later. 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I bet my son would love a game like this.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower from Ginger Snap Blog Hop! You have alot of great ideas. I have a preschooler so I will def be back!

    Follow back when you can!

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really love this idea! I just bought a laminator, so I could totally do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay. I've already made 3 sets -so easy and my kids love them.

      Delete