Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Foodie Friday #32 - Chicken wings

My husband has been so good to me this past week -helping with dishes, playing with the kids so I could get some cleaning done (and, yes, let's be honest, it was mostly nice because it gave me some much needed ALONE time), and letting me stay out super late chatting it up with some girlfriends at a baby shower (we ended up staying until midnight -crazy!), and otherwise just being sweet.  So....I thought I would share one of my husband's favorite recipes this week as a tribute to him.  Aannnnd.... hello, chicken wings!


Hubby LOVES (with a capital L) these sticky wings my Mom makes.  And, who am I kidding? I love them too.  And we are the perfect pair to eat these -his favorite are the drums and I love the wings.  Match made in Heaven, right? hehe.  And I apologize for the lame pictures taken after the leftovers were placed in a container.... we were too busy digging in to remember the pictures.  And by the time I realized it, my hands were too sticky! LOL.


Sticky Chicken Wings:

3 lbs chicken wings
1 egg, beaten
flour for dredging
margarine for frying

3 tsp soy sauce
3 tsp water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 tsp salt

Beat the egg.  Coat the chicken wings in the egg.  Dredge with flour.  And, since I'm lazy, I basically throw the wings in a ziplock bag, pour in some egg, shake, repeat with the flour.  It's been working for me for years.

Melt some margarine in a frying pan over medium heat (you want it about 1/2 to 1 inch deep).  Fry the wings in batches until golden on both sides (a few minutes each side).  Place the wings into a baking pan with sides.

Combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar and salt.  pour over the wings.  Bake at 350 F for 1/2 hour to 1 hour, basting every 15 mins or so.  They start to get gooey and kind of caramelized -SOOOO TASTY!

Enjoy -and you're welcome! ;)


1 comment:

  1. These chicken wings look so good! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete