Friday, April 27, 2012

Foodie Friday #33 -Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies


 The other day I had three sick kids and a headache on top of that... needless to say, by bedtime I was beat.  And in serious need of some comfort food.  I opted to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies instead of the regular chocolate chip cookies in a lame attempt to justify eating more of them.  Pathetic, I know. lol.  But there it is....The first step is admitting it, right?

Today is another one of those days where I just want to bundle up in a blanket with some comfort food too.  Why can't our weather make up it's mind?  We have 2 or 3 days or GORGEOUS summer weather and then days of COLD and WINDY.  And today it's RAINY too.  Ick! 

But, why is it that the yummiest of recipes never turn out well in my photos?  I am by no means a great photographer, but these are really crumby photos (and not because the cookies are crumbly either...har har).

But, I will stop my complaining and give you the recipe!  And promptly go sign up for a photography class.... Well, at least pretend to. 


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:

3/4 c butter, softened
3/4 c lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
3 c quick oats
1 c chocolate chips (or 1 1/2 c raisins)

Cream butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.  Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and oats.  Add to the creamed mixture.  drop by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350F for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.



Next time I make them I will try to get a better photo... *Sigh*.   Hope you all have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. No matter with the photo those are gorgeous cookies!

    ReplyDelete