Thursday, May 31, 2012

Foodie Friday #37 -Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes




Ok, I'm not one to toot my own horn -but don't these look gorgeous?  I'm really impressed with how the final photo turned out this time.  It wouldn't take much to be an improvement on most of my photos, but still.  I discovered Instagram and Pic Monkey and love them both!

So here we are at Friday again, and I'm even more excited than usual to share this chocolate cupcake (from scratch!) recipe with you -because the photo looks so awesome.  Ok, and now that I've built it up... I have some un-edited photos too.... one step at a time, right?


So here is the bowl with the flour, sugar, cocoa, margarine, egg, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.....

Then you add the boiling water and mix it WELL.

Pour into your prepared muffin tins.  Now, I don't often have cupcake/muffin liners in my house because when I make muffins, I just spray the muffin tins.  BUT you can obviously use cupcake liners for these.  OR you can brush the muffin tins with some CAKE RELEASE using a pastry brush.  It's fantastic stuff -and easy to make!
Remove from the pans and let cool.  Then add BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (that recipe coming soon!) and DIG IN!  They are so moist and so delicious... you'll want to eat 2 ... or maybe 3.  Counting calories is for wimps, right? LOL.

Decadent Chocolate Cupcakes: 

(makes 12-15)

1 c sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1/4 c cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
4 tbsp margarine
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 c boiling water

 Whisk all together and beat.  Pour into prepared pans or cupcake liners.  Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes.  Or bake in a cake pan for 40 minutes.


And here are some photos I tried using Instagram... but sadly they looked great on my phone and the exposure looks wrong on the computer... sigh.  Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment