Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Buttercream Frosting Recipe... as promised...

Just a reminder -it's not too late to go over and vote for what you deem the best audition project at So You Think You're Crafty!  Please go vote.  I know, I'm shamelessly begging, but I would really LOVE to make it into the competition.  Thanks so much!



So I promised you the BUTTERCREAM FROSTING recipe to go along with my DECADENT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES and I am about to honor that promise.  Introducing... my Aunt Sandy's Buttercream Frosting recipe!

Buttercream Frosting:

1 1/2 cups shortening
1/2 cup margarine
1 kg bag icing sugar (that's about 2 pounds powdered sugar for you Americans)
dash of salt
2 tsp vanilla
enough milk to get the consistency you want (a bit thinner for spreading or stiffer consistency for decorating)

Just beat it all in your mixer (or with a hand mixer).

** this is a LARGE batch and will probably decorate (generously) 4 dozen cupcakes.... give or take.

2 comments:

  1. Is this recipe freezable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you use butter?

    ReplyDelete