Saturday, July 7, 2012

Foodie Friday #40 - Tomato Cheese Shells

 Well, I'm a day late, but better late than never, right?  Happy Foodie Friday, everyone!

So this one might be a bit trickier.... I don't actually have a recipe for it.  One night Paul and I just kind of made it up -and now it's one of his favorite go-to dinner ideas.

Cook up some shell shaped pasta (other kinds work too, but we like shells for this).  Drain that and set aside.  In a pot mix 2 cans condensed tomato soup and 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk on medium heat until combined.  Add a couple handfuls of grated cheddar (we like medium) and about 1/2 cup grated parmesan.  Then add spices to your liking.  I usually do black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and oregano.  Stir until heated through and the cheeses are melted.  Add the pasta and stir. In this photo I cut up some fresh chives from the garden and added it as a garnish -DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment