Friday, August 10, 2012

Foodie Friday and S'mores Day


Well, thanks for all your support in So You Think You're Crafty!  I got eliminated this week and had some mixed emotions about that.  I was thrilled I made it this far (top 4), relieved that I didn't have to do a project/post while on our family trip, and kind of disappointed that I missed getting a prize by ONE week.  But now I have more time on my hands and less stress and deadlines. hehe. 

Anyway, did you know it's S'mores Day today? Yep, August 10th is apparently S'mores Day.  So to celebrate, we had some S'mores Banana Boats.  They are pretty easy and quick.  And I didn't feel too bad about eating one or feeding them to the kids since they are not too terribly unhealthy (you know, with the fruit in there and all...). 


Just slice almost all the way through your bananas lengthwise.  Stuff it jam-packed with mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Golden Grahams.  Then wrap it up securely in a tin foil pouch.  You can cook them over your campfire, in your oven or BBQ.  We did the oven.  At about 300 F for 5-10 minutes or until the marshmallows and chocolate chips are melty.  Unwrap and eat out of the peel with a spoon.  SOOOO GOOD!  Happy Foodie Friday... AND Happy S'mores Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment