Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Foodie Friday - Corn chip salad



I recently tasted a corn chip salad that I thought all of you might love to try. We had a potluck and also a picnic/BBQ for church and a friend of mine brought the same salad to both events. And, would you believe it, it was the hit of the party -BOTH PARTIES. It went like hot cakes and everyone (including myself) raved about it for days.

My husband told me I NEEDED to get that recipe ASAP. I was a little shocked at how SIMPLE it was. Only FOUR ingredients! And so fast to assemble.

All you need is one bag of corn chips (Frito or Old Dutch work great), Catalina dressing, 1/2 a red onion (chopped), and 1/2 a green/red pepper (chopped). Throw the pepper, onion and corn chips in a bowl, add dressing to your taste and mix. Easy peasy, mountain breezy! Trust me, your taste buds will thank me.


It is great to take to a picnic and tastes great with BBQ. But if you are going to do that just bring the ingredients (pre-chopped) and combine them when you are ready to eat so it doesn't get soggy. The leftovers might get soggy too - but we wouldn't know because there are NEVER any leftovers to test that theory! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment