Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Foodie Friday -Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I found a new twist on an old classic from Six Sisters' Stuff.  I love Snickerdoodles, so I just knew I had to give this pumpkin version a try.  I am really enjoying all of the PUMPKIN recipes out there at this time of year.  There's something warm and comforting about it once the leaves start to fall and the weather gets chillier (is that even a word??).


They were pretty easy -your basic Snickerdoodles, but add in some pumpkin puree.  But they had a slightly new and unique flavor that I couldn't get enough of.  I ended up eating way to many (as per usual) as one of my kids did NOT care for them at all.... picky, picky!


I whipped the dough up in no time with my KITCHEN AID (the love of my life... just kidding... well, sort of) using the cookie paddle.


Then wrapped it up to let it chill in the fridge for a while.


Next you form it into balls (1 to 2 inches) and roll in a sugar, cinnamon and ginger combo.


 Place them on a cookie sheet (ungreased!).  I flattened mine slightly with my fingers before baking or they puffed up too much instead of spreading out and flattening out a bit.  Bake at 400 F for 4-7 minutes (until just VERY lightly browned on edges).  Cool.  Then curl up with a few of these babies and a tall glass of milk -YUMMO!  And just for good measure... wrap up in a cozy blanket and take in a good chick flick!  Hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Halloween next week! 


Pumpkin Snickerdoodles (Recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff)

1 stick (1/2 cup) margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon


*Follow directions above or head over to Six Sisters' Stuff*

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Word. I think I just peed my pants imagining the deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete