Friday, November 9, 2012

Foodie Friday -Chocolate zucchini brownies

Yeah, yeah, I know. You're probably sick of even hearing the word "zucchini" coming out of my mouth yet AGAIN, but I can't help it. I work with what I have! Lol. At least my Foodie Friday post was on Friday this time (though it is getting late).

I was getting a little bored of zucchini bread and zucchini muffins. Don't get me wrong, I still think they are delicious but the wannabe baker in me wanted a new experiment.

I searched for something different and found some chocolate zucchini brownie recipes on (where else??) Pinterest. Thought I'd swallow my skepticism and give it a try.




All in all, they turned out ok. Not as good as they looked in the photos. Mostly my problem was that the texture was a little grainy and the icing didn't set as well as I would have liked (or maybe I didn't give it enough time... I'm really not known for my patience).

Here is a photo with no frosting, in the pan... please ignore that little finger mark... haha.  I had a little helper. 


I haven't written them off completely. The flavor wasn't actually half bad. I think I could remedy my set backs next time. I'm thinking of using a mixer so I can beat the heck out of the batter in the "creaming" stage to get that smooth texture - not grainy from the sugar. And I may have cut them too soon. My icing was set on top and at the edges but ran off when I cut into the middle of the pan. Or I would try a different frosting recipe.

Oh! And I made these in a 9x9 inch pan because I like my brownies a bit thicker.

I will most likely try them again sometime, just not anytime soon -too many fun Christmas-y recipes to try! Have a great weekend and happy Remembrance Day (Veteran's Day for you US folk out there).

No comments:

Post a Comment