Friday, November 2, 2012

Foodie Friday -Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pops and a Pinata


Sorry (again!) for the late Foodie Friday.  I can't seem to get back into the swing of things with the blog.  I think I'm going to have to officially just come out and say I will NOT be posting regularly... sigh.  I will continue to post things on The Crafty Conundrum, but it will be an irregular, whenever-I-have-the-time kind of thing.  I'm sorry to do this to you, but I've been having a rough time -busy, kids driving me crazy, trying to get into the routine with school (yes, I know it's November, but we still struggle many mornings to get up and ready with no complaints), and keeping up with household things, doctors appointments, and my calling at church.  So, just a head's up: don't be too disappointed if I don't get my act together with the blog ASAP.  I'm taking it easy for awhile (well, as far as the blog is concerned).  Keep checking back every so often though! I'd hate for you to leave me. 

With that said... on to Foodie Friday!
Found this link on Pinterest, via Oh Nuts! for Layered Peanut Butter Brittle Ice Cream Pops.  The name is quite a mouthful -but a delicious mouthful!  These are reminiscent of a Peanut Buster Bar.... and actually, that gives me an idea -dip these in chocolate and they would probably be even more scrumptious!

Here is the photo they have on the website.  Their photo is, of course, way nicer than mine.  Didn't help that we were all so busy trying to eat them that the photo kind of got pushed to the back burner.
(image source)
Since cake is a lot more work and it's CRUMBLY (am I the only person who can't understand how one child could eat one SMALL piece of cake and leave a GIANT pile of crumbs??! I mean, how much cake actually got in his mouth?).  So.... back to reality from that tangent.... we (by which I mean "I") decided to do something a little different to celebrate Hailey's 2nd birthday at our house.  Don't worry, we still had cake for her Birthday Dinner at Nanny and Grandpa's house.

The kids (and their Mom) LOVED them.  Yes, they were a bit messy, but those cute little ice cream and chocolate faces cleaned up easily enough, and it was so worth it.


You just layer peanuts, hot fudge, peanut butter, ice cream and chopped peanut butter cups into paper Dixie cups and add a popsicle stick.  Easy!

I made mine in smaller cups though.  And not because it was the smart thing to do with kids who wouldn't eat the large ones faster than they were melting.... no, I wish I could take credit for that because in the end it was probably the better choice.  I did it because I grabbed a box of Dixie cups at the store and didn't bother to check what size they were until I got home and looked at the recipe... oh well.  I figured I'd just have to eat 2 to make up for the difference -and that's exactly what I did!  Definitely going to have to make these a regular occurrence at our place in the future. 



Here's Chloe chowing down on one.  She really liked them.


See what I mean?  I had almost forgotten the photo.... I threw Hailey's in a bowl so it wouldn't drip everywhere... but not a fabulous photo by any stretch of the imagination.





And we also had a pinata.  I have decided I love doing the pinatas for Hailey's birthday -Halloween candy is out and on sale and makes for great pinata filler!  If any of you know Hailey, she has this little stuffed puppy (well actually she has TWO identical stuffies) that is white and pink and named Rosie.  She looks like this:

 
So I made her a Rosie pinata.  It was really, REALLY easy.  It was just the basic balloon shape with some cardstock ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment