Thursday, March 7, 2013

What I've been doing lately

Well, it's definitely been awhile since I last posted.  Let me catch you up on the goings on in my neck of the woods.

Just before Valentine's Day I started getting a fever and chills that kept coming and going for over a week.  And I was itchy all over.  I went to Emergency (walk in clinics aren't open on Sundays here) and they thought my tonsils looked swollen (even though my throat wasn't that sore) so they gave me a prescription for antibiotics.  After a few days that wasn't helping and the itchiness was way worse.  I went to my doctor and she wasn't sure what it was but said to give the antibiotics a day or two more.  She gave me something stronger than Benadryl for the itch.  Then I started bruising badly on my legs for no apparent reason and the whites of my eyes turned a bit yellowish.  So the doc ordered blood work.  My bilirubin was elevated (means my liver was inflamed and that was causing the itchiness).  So I had to get an ultrasound and more blood work.  Turns out it was infectious mono!  My spleen was enlarged and liver inflamed.  So at least I had an answer but the only "cure" was lots of fluids and rest.  I'm finally on the upswing and all the symptoms are gone -except that I'm exhausted! 


So instead of Foodie Friday this week, here are some of the things I've been doing but too lazy and tired to write up posts for.  This Monday for Family Home Evening, Chloe was on treat and picked chocolate cupcakes (using this recipe I shared with you before) with pink/purple icing (my yummy Buttercream Icing) and sprinkles.  They were DELICIOUS!

This is not a great picture, but it's all I have of this project.  I made up these chore charts on the computer and then laminated them so the kids just check each thing off with dry erase markers and then erase them at the end of the day.  I bought some of those carnival tickets and they each have a jar.  They can earn up to a certain number of tickets each day depending on how much of their chores get done.  Then I have a prize box with stuff from the dollar store with "prices" on them they can earn.  Or in Carter's case, he can save up his tickets and cash them in for 5 cents each because he wants to save up to buy Skylanders Giants. 

I have been on a crocheting rampage lately.  I found a pattern for this bobble stitch so I have been practicing.  I want to make a scarf and toque with this bobble stitch. 

And I found a pattern for these cute crochet bunnies.  I ended up tweaking it a tiny bit -a) because it was in UK terms so I had to "translate" into crochet terms I knew, and (b) because the bottom of mine had a hole about half and inch wide when I followed the pattern... maybe I just don't crochet tight enough? I don't know.  Anyway, here is the pattern if you want to give it a go. It's from Smitten with it All.  Basically, I just started a bit differently.  I chained 3 into a ring.  Then did 6 dc into the loop.  Then 2 dc into each stitch so it equals 24 stitches.  Then it should follow fairly closely to the original pattern.  I think I might have decreased a few stitches along the way to make it look the same.  But can't remember for sure.

Here they are again.  I want to try making a bunch in different colors for Easter.


Look at those cute little tails!

Anyway, I've been pinning crochet patterns/ideas and recipes like crazy lately... now if I would only be able to make them all.  LOL.  Hop on over to my Pinterest account to check out all the lovely and delicious things I've been drooling over.

13 comments:

  1. Link exchange is nothing else but it is only placing the other
    person's website link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

    Stop by my web-site :: event branding
    Also see my web page :: identity design Western Cape

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the valuable info you supply on your
    articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and test once more here frequently. I'm slightly sure I'll learn lots of new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the next!

    Here is my web page; more info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also go to see this weblog on regular basis to take updated from newest gossip.

    Here is my web-site more information

    ReplyDelete
  4. When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains
    the thought of a user in his/her mind that how a user can know it.
    Therefore that's why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

    Have a look at my site visit link

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for alice programming

    Feel free to visit my web-site ... wellness coach Edenvale

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I might
    as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to looking at your web page again.


    Review my website ... house clearance Dorset

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet blog! I found it while searching on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo
    News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

    my site :: know more

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

    Look at my web page :: get info

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paragгаph wrіting is also a eхcitеment, іf уou be acquainteԁ ωith aftеrwaгd you can writе or еlse іt is dіfficult tο
    wrіtе.

    Fеel free tο surf to my webѕite http://www.boidepot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's truly very complicated in this full of activity life to listen news on TV, therefore I simply use web for that purpose, and get the newest news.

    My webpage ... AmericasCardRoom Bonus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!
    ! I definitely loved every bit of it. I've got you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post…

    my page entertainment storage cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading and learning on this tutorial you posted: http://www.soyouthinkyourecrafty.com/t-rex-cake-tutorial-2/ and was wondering where your mom got that palate of dust colors from... please let me know! If you could email me back at minabakesforyou@gmail.com, that'd be wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Megan!

    I'm an editor at AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com and we'd like to feature some of your tutorials on our site! Please email me at jcarpender@primecp.com.

    Thanks!
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete